September 16, 2009

Down, but not out

Well the kids are back to school now, and as usual I get hammered with a cold. Which starts in the head and nasal cavity, then makes it's way down to the chest. It starts up quick, is uncomfortable, feverish, painful and deliriously restless, but lasts only 3 to 5 days at most. I'm just about through it now, but it's making it's way through the ranks. Once we all get past the 'back to school cold' all the little snot factories can get back to learning (and I can get back to painting, or whatever). So far I'm not overly impressed with the little ones teacher this year, she seems to be a bit much. But, we'll see.

I'm also concerned about an injury to my leg that seems to be worsening, an odd discolouration, and quite painful. It's a different kind of pain, it worsens when I stand up from sitting and vise versa, or even just move it or rub it. But the pain isn't immediate, it starts after I've stood up, a few seconds later, grows in intensity then subsides. It's not like a pulled muscle pain, or sprain. Nor is it like after bumping into something. It's not swollen. But, maybe it's just me, it feels slightly colder to the touch than the other leg. Especially around the foot area. The oddly coloured bruise is at the knee. All this has taken a couple of weeks to develop. And all this developed after being hit in that leg, just above the knee. It was 'charlied' for a week after being hit, but progressed to this. Anyway, I'm sure my doctor will figure it out. Eventually. Until then, it fkn' hurts.

By the way, my finger/knuckle has healed. But it aches sometimes. C'est la vie.

Carry on.

tn.